November 16, 2009

Wedding Bells

This weekend I was the matron of honor in a very special wedding: my mom's. My mother is officially Mrs. John Patrick. Todd and I drove out to Asheville, North Carolina for her small, yet beautiful ceremony in the little town of Maggie Valley, just outside of Asheville. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. It was sunny and 75 degrees. I don't think anyone was expecting that in November.

I'm biased and obviously think my mom is beautiful, but on Saturday she looked stunning.




The chapel was adorable. It was tiny and only fit about ten people comfortably, but it was exactly what they wanted.




This weekend was the third in a row that I have been out of town, even if for a short trip. Last night to get things a little back to normal, I tried a new recipe. I found it in Real Simple. Only requiring a few ingredients, Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Broccoli (you would think they could have come up with a more catchy name) was super easy to throw together and tasted great. I think it will be even better tonight when all of the flavors have had a chance to mix together.




I'm hoping the weather is just as beautiful next weekend when we put up our Christmas tree and lights on the house. This will be the earliest we will have put our tree up, but I'm getting antsy and can't wait!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

4 comments

  1. First of all, your Mom is gorgeous - and she's beaming from the inside out in that picture. Radiantly beautiful. Congratulations.

    Second, that pasta looks YUM. I'm feeling hungry now.

    Third, I cannot WAIT to see your Christmas tree. And I love that you're decorating early. That gave me excited goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. congrats to your mommy! 2. you're making my tummy growl. 3. thanks for the tip about the martha stewart special~ I would've missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy for your mom! I was actually thinking about ther the other day as I drove past the old Penmac place in Ozark and I'm glad to hear about her wedding!

    ReplyDelete