January 10, 2011

Snow Day

You would have thought two children lived in my home last night. Todd and I were giddy at the thought that work might be canceled because of snow today. We were constantly looking out the window, waiting for the first snowflakes to fall. Right before we went to bed the sky seemed to open and spill out snow on our quiet neighborhood. Within ten minutes the streets were covered. We knew we wouldn't be going anywhere in the morning. 

We're well into the afternoon and Todd and I have yet to change out of our pajamas. I've been cooking and cleaning (also taking breaks to check work e-mail now and then). When Todd hasn't been playing video games, he's been having snowball fights with the neighbors and their kids. Calem, our little neighbor across the street was up early building a snow fort with his dad, waiting patiently for Todd to step outside so he could attack. Honestly though, I think the "big kids" enjoyed throwing snowballs more than the little guys. So fun!

After lunch I tried a new recipe - Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream. It's so easy and pretty tasty.  More than being in the mood for ice cream, I really wanted to try out my handy new food processor that Santa was nice enough to bring me. This recipe would be great for you girls with kids.









Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
(via 5 Ingredient Fix)

Ingredients:
2 to 3 ripe bananas
1 to 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1 to 2 tablespoons honey

Directions:
Cut the bananas into 1-inch pieces and freeze. Put the frozen bananas in a food processor and puree, scraping down sides periodically, until smooth. Add the peanut butter and honey and puree. Serve immediately or refreeze until ready to enjoy.

Happy Snow Day!

2 comments

  1. So FUN!!! And I want to make that ice cream immediately. My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK... I think that, if your current job does not work, you should become a food photographer!!! Which leads me to my question.... what camera do you have? I am looking for a new one.
    All your pictures are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete