February 26, 2011

Breakfast

I can't remember the last time I made breakfast on a Saturday morning. Our weekends have been pretty busy lately, but they have been full of good things, so I'm not complaining.

Several months ago I had a friend over for breakfast and tried a new recipe. I would be lying if I said I hadn't been thinking about it ever since. It might just be my favorite recipe for French Toast ever. I made it for Todd today and I'm pretty sure he agrees with me.

Ciabatta French Toast with Marmalade Drizzle
(via Cooking Light)

Ingredients:

1/3  cup  fresh orange juice
1/2  cup  orange marmalade
1/2  cup  2% reduced-fat milk
1/2  teaspoon  ground cinnamon
2  large eggs
8  (1-ounce) slices ciabatta bread
2  tablespoons  butter



Preparation:

Place orange juice and marmalade in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Remove from heat; keep warm.

Combine milk, cinnamon, and eggs in a shallow dish; stir with a whisk. Dip bread slices in egg mixture; let slices stand in egg mixture 20 seconds on each side.

Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place 4 bread slices in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon butter and bread slices. Drizzle with marmalade syrup.




Happy Weekend!

Post a Comment