July 9, 2012

Remember

Remember the day you rubbed oatmeal all over your face and your hair?

Remember that while I was cleaning the oatmeal mess, you crawled around on the floor and found something tiny to put in your mouth?

Remember when I started digging it out to realize it was a bug? Remember how I was so grossed out I had to use a spoon to get it out?

Remember how I took you upstairs to play and you wouldn't leave the cord to the fan alone?



Remember how while I moved the fan you knocked my tea over and it spilled all over the carpet?

Remember how I decided it was nap time, but you had other plans?

Remember how you're still awake as I write this, refusing to lie down?

Remember how I was in tears before 9am?

Remember that your gummy grin erases all of my stress. Remember that while this may be the hardest job I have ever had, there is absolutely nothing else I would rather be doing.

If you remember anything, remember how much I love you. Because I sure love you a whole lot.

2 comments

  1. Oh, this brought tears to my eyes. Such a short post but so full of every emotion you can feel as a parent. Beautiful. We've all been there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too.... teary. Oh these days... CHERISH! And I can't scream that loud enough!

    ReplyDelete