August 2, 2015

Here + There



It's August. How is it August? Also, we move next week! In some ways it feels like we were never going to get here, and in other ways...well, I haven't packed a thing. I'll add packing to my never ending to-do list. This season has been a whirlwind. A new house, lots of new work for me, and life with a three year old has made my head spin, but we're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I can't wait to open our doors to friends and family. We took friends to see our home today (wanting so badly for them to be our future neighbors), and it felt really good to say, "Come on in! Make yourself at home." I didn't realize how much my heart aches for hospitality until I couldn't have friends in our home. Asking people to be quiet because the neighbors might hear doesn't quite scream hospitality.
#apartmentliving

One more week. We can't wait!

Until then, we'll say goodbye to July and the memories we made. A beach trip, night out with the girls, family in town, and lots of outdoor time made for a fun month. Well, minus the broken arm part (as seen in the photo above).

Yep, she broke it again. Just days after telling her I signed her up for soccer this fall, Crosbi decided to get a head start on practicing and took a tumble over the ball. My girl is giving me a run for my money.

So long, July. You were a good one. Except for the broken arm. That part wasn't so good.

xoxo

Post a Comment