June 26, 2009

The Daily Dish

Several months ago I posted about this amazing little meat & three hidden in Franklin. My former boss and good friend Alan read that post and told me I must check out the Daily Dish which is just right around the corner from Barbara's. Todd and I took his advice and I'm so glad we did. It's a little place next door to a dry cleaner's and if you're not careful, you'll drive right by it. But if you do find it, you won't be sorry!

Todd and I have eaten there before, but the other night at our small group a couple of our friends were talking about how they had gone for Father's Day. So yesterday at work when I was contemplating heating up my frozen meal for lunch, I asked Todd if he could meet for lunch instead and he didn't hesitate to say yes when I suggested the Daily Dish.

While they have amazing meat & three options (which is what Todd typically orders), I order from their menu. Today I had the crusted mahi mahi sandwich with a broccoli salad. Oh my word! Yum! The picture below really doesn't do it justice. The mahi mahi is as good, if not better than some I have had in Florida and California. I know, hard to believe.

mahi


Speaking of food - since it has been a little while since I've written about one of my favorite subjects - I've discovered two recipes that I may have to whip up this weekend.

If Todd and I find time to grill, I'm going to attempt to make a great recipe I found in Cooking Light: Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa.

cilantro-chicken-ck-1886432-l


Tonight we're having dinner with one of my coworkers and his wife, and Todd and I are responsible for dessert. I have been promising cupcakes for weeks, and stumbled on this recipe over at Smitten Kitchen that I might have to try. Chocolate Yogurt Snack Cakes:

3651015183_f6ee980160


Looks like I've got some work to do!

Happy Weekend!


1 comment

  1. It's after midnight and my mouth is WATERING.

    One of those mini cupcakes would be perfect right about now...

    All looks delish!

    ReplyDelete