September 20, 2009

Jay Leno Fitness Plan

I'm not a morning person. I've never been a morning person and trying to become one has proven to be pretty difficult. But, I have a new plan for getting up early and hitting the gym that has actually been working and I have someone to thank: Jay Leno.

jay_leno

I know that sounds crazy, so let me explain. I've had a habit of watching The Tonight Show since I was a little girl. Even as an adult, I would fall asleep to The Tonight Show. I knew that if I was still awake when it got over (11:35pm), I needed to get to sleep fast because 6am would soon be approaching. Now that Jay's new show is on at 9pm, Todd and I have felt a bit like Pavlov's dog. Before last week I couldn't tell you the last time I was in bed before 11:30, but last week we watched Jay at it's new time and we were both in bed by 10pm, and I worked out in the morning twice! I think that might be a record for me. It's funny how a TV show can mess with your head and make your body think it's later than it is. I also bought new workout gear just in case I don't stick with the early bedtime. Hopefully cute gym clothes will motivate me. We'll see!

In other news, Todd was gone all weekend. He scored amazing Cardinals tickets, so he and a few friends drove up to St. Louis for the day yesterday. Today he was at the Titans' game all day. It has been quite the weekend for sports at our house. I didn't see much of him at all, so tonight when he got home I had dinner ready. Two new recipes ready to go. I think I'm trying to force fall to get here because I made a very fall dinner, perfect for a cool night.

Main course: Creole Shrimp and Sausage Stew

004

I found this recipe in the latest issue of Cooking Light. I am such a fan of this magazine. I also made some cheese-garlic biscuits. Yum.

I found my dessert recipe (Apple-Cranberry Crumble) last night while I was at Allison's, flipping through her latest copy of Martha Stewart Living. Unfortunately the recipe isn't online yet. If I find it, I'll add the link. For now, I'll add the closest thing I can find. Instead of cranberries, I added raspberries and it came out delicious.

002

The picture I took of the finished product was blurry. The result will look a bit like the photo below.

applecrisp

This weekend was my first full weekend at home in a really long time and I can't tell you how much I needed it. I actually feel like there was a break in the week instead of the days continuing to run together.

The only downside is that when I'm home I like to cook, which means I eat. A lot. Good thing I've got a new plan for staying in shape. Hope it works this time...

4 comments

  1. yumm. your cooking blogs always make me hungry, even if i've just eaten dinner! i might have to find that crumble recipe - i just got my martha stewart mag last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. This is so me.... I curse my DVR!!! It has ruined any chance for a decents nights sleep...

    Did Cameron tell you that my husband is interviewing for a job in Nashville? So excited at the prospect of coming "home"... His family is awesome.

    Your stew looks good, I'm planning on trying it this weekend when my mom is here. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Jay Leno is your fitness guru. You're pretty much adorable.

    And I just tried to eat my screen, your new recipes look so devourable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah this made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete