August 24, 2010

The Good Life

Last Friday night my good friend Mary met me in New Jersey where I was working an event just outside of Newark. She was so excited to try her hand at the music biz, so I quickly put her to work at the merch table. She loved being a "roadie!"

We spent the rest of the weekend walking all over Manhattan, which included a long stroll through Central Park, a stop at Dean & Deluca and lunch at the fabulous Cafe Lalo. It was wonderful to catch up.  I love that no matter how long we go without seeing each other, we always pick up right where we left off.

We wrapped up the weekend just outside of Philadelphia where Mary and her husband Ryan will be living for the next year while Ryan finishes school. I fell in love with her new town, West Chester. Todd and I are already making plans to visit next spring.

I didn't take my camera with me, but I did have a nifty Flip-cam on hand and decided to experiment with video for the first time. Below is a quick recap of our time in New York and West Chester. Don't judge too harshly - I had no idea what I was doing!



*Song - The Good Life by One Republic

I was going to make a cameo, but apparently Mary didn't know to turn the record button on. Ha! Oh well, I never like watching myself on video anyway.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Post a Comment