October 11, 2011

Showered with Love

This past Friday night I had my last baby shower in Nashville with close friends and coworkers. It was absolutely incredible and a great way to wrap up a season of baby showers and celebrating Crosbi's coming arrival. My girls went above and beyond - the attention to detail, the whimsical accessories, the delicious treats, I could go on and on. To top it off, my mom flew in from North Carolina to spend the weekend with us and was finally able to meet the girls I've been telling her about for years. It was a magical weekend, one I will never forget.



An incredibly talented friend (Erica) made the adorable diaper 3-wheeler below. How cool is that? I can't get myself to take it apart!


I love these girls. They really spoiled me!


Since I'm on a roll with pictures, I'll go ahead and add some more from my showers in Missouri. Lauren was sweet enough to remind me that I didn't blog about them, and I do need to acknowledge them! The problem is that I was so busy visiting family and friends that I barely took any pictures. Hopefully my family will send more my way. Until then...







I will be 35 weeks tomorrow. I'm ready to not be pregnant, but I'm also starting to panic a little bit. I haven't really thought about what life will be like when C gets here. I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to babies! Surprisingly labor isn't making me nearly as fearful as I imagined. Instead, I think about things like our first ride home from the hospital. Our first night with her home. Life after my mom leaves and Todd goes back to work. Eek!

Breathe, Tara! I have such an amazing support system. My mom just kept reminding me of that after meeting so many of my friends with little ones of their own. She couldn't believe how many of my girlfriends are in the same stage of life and will be able to answer any questions I might have. I'm so thankful for that.

So Crosbi, keep getting chubby while we wait on you. You're probably not going to get too much longer and are currently weighing around five pounds. Mommy would be thrilled if you decide to only gain about two more between now and your arrival! But as long as you're healthy, I don't mind if you're a big baby. That's what epidurals are for!


2 comments

  1. Tara, I love your shower blog! :) Thanks for the update, it looks like you are very loved, and lucky!! I wish I was as good as you are about updating my blog... I never know what to talk about though, or if my blog is titled appropriately or if it is even interesting... I'm not sure that I'm interesting enough to have my own blog. Not to mention that I find it hard to find the time to blog anymore. BLAH!!!

    Anyway, I love the photos you did take, the cake of the baby feet & baby bottom was so adorable! I loved it! I'm glad you had so many good showers! Hope you are ready for Crosbi to be here! Is her nursery all set up? Did you get everything you registered for/needed for her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so lovely! I spy a yellow parasol :) Love that it was used for your shower. Savor these last few weeks in pregnancy - you will meet Crosbi very very soon!

    ReplyDelete