January 9, 2013

Fresh Air

The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world. Psalm 19:1-4

This year is off to a really wonderful start. For starters, my sister just decided to make Nashville her home and officially moved to the Music City this past weekend. It has been so nice having her here. It has been over seven years since I've lived near family, and it's a little hard to get used to. I still catch myself saying goodbye to her like I won't see her for months, when really I've just gone a few hours in between visits since she got here.

Crosbi is pretty thrilled to have her here too.



In the last couple of weeks I have been reminded of how important it is to get outside each day. Crosbi has always liked to play outside, but now her outdoor playtime can make or break a day. I know if she gets the freedom to run and play and pick up as many rocks as she can fit into her chubby little hands, that we'll have a good day. I think life in general is that way. We can easily get caught up in our to-do lists, housework, and other demands of life. It's when we stop to let the sun shine on our faces and breathe in fresh air that we recharge. I was always such a tomboy growing up. My parents literally had to drag me inside at the end of the day. But as I've gotten older, I have lost that love for the outdoors. I'm so thankful that Crosbi is getting me out of the house and reminding me of who I once was, and who I can become again.

It also doesn't hurt that we've had uncharacteristically warm weather here in Tennessee. We're making the most of it before winter takes over.


1 comment

  1. Couldn't agree more :) Such a wonderful photo of that precious girl. I love that I can tell her personality even though I've yet to meet her in person!

    ReplyDelete