May 29, 2013

Chickens

Chickens are all the rage these days. Nearly everyone I know is building a chicken coop. From my friends to bloggers I follow, chickens are a hot topic. I totally get it. They're adorable as chicks and then they grow and lay the most wonderful eggs. My dad sends me home with fresh eggs from the farm nearly every time we're in town.

I wish I could adopt the idea of owning chickens, but right now it just isn't feasible. I'm not even sure our HOA would allow it. Darn HOA. Although, I know the neighbor kids would love it. Our next door neighbor just brought home a bunny and we're all a little obsessed.

Since we're not bringing home our own chickens, we're doing the next best thing. We're going to them. We joined a local CSA that we absolutely love and while I gather veggies, Crosbi chases the chickens.





It was all fun and games until the chickens started chasing us! I'm assuming they thought we had food, but I'd be lying if I said we didn't high tail it out of there! Still, a fun chicken-filled afternoon for both me and my girl.


xoxo




Post a Comment