January 3, 2014

A Look Back At 2013

Crosbi is sleeping across from me, fighting an awful stomach bug. Since I need to stay within a few feet of her in case she gets sick again, I figured what better time to sit down and write a recap of 2013 (and to pray 2014 ends better than it is starting!).

If I had to choose one word to describe 2013, I would choose full. It was full of travel and new milestones. It was full of adventure and growth. Growth in the form of a Bible study that is still proving to be life changing for Todd and I. It was full of good things, but it was also full of hard, challenging things. I blogged very little this past year because it was just so very full. We fought hard to find our new normal with a toddler. We fought to keep negativity at bay. We fought for our finances as two major home repairs took their toll. We fought tooth and nail for our friendships. That fight was the most meaningful of the year and forever changed me. For the better. Friendships we thought were dead are now bursting with life, reborn. I love that God redeems. There were plenty of other difficult seasons throughout the year, but those are held safe in our hearts as we're still finding God's hand in them, sorting things out as we go. 

For now, let's look back at the best of 2013.

January - March


The first part of the year we braved the cold and spent lots of time outside. We spent weekends playing around the house and visiting the farmer's market. In February, Crosbi and I traveled to North Carolina to visit my mom, and in March headed to Missouri for Easter. 

April - June


In April Crosbi discovered her love for baby dolls, the weather warmed up and we took full advantage of the sunshine and Aunt Cami being in town. In May my little brother graduated high school, we made a quick weekend getaway to Alabama, and Crosbi visited her first splash pad. In June we had a minor setback when Crosbi broke her arm. 

July - September


In July the cast came off. We made up for lost time with a long trip to Missouri filled with lots of water fun. In August we took advantage of all Nashville has to offer like great water parks and the zoo. We ended the month with another trip back to North Carolina. In September Todd turned 30, Crosbi started preschool and we took what might be my favorite vacation to date, a trip to Captiva, Florida. 

October - December


In October we had our family photos taken - a splurge I will happily make every year. Crosbi and I traveled to Colorado to see our favorite Millers, and my family visited to attend the best chili cookoff around. In November we excitedly welcomed fall, Crosbi turned two, and we celebrated Thanksgiving in Ashville, NC. December brought Crosbi's first haircut, two preschool Christmas programs, including one at the church Todd grew up in, which might have been my favorite memory of the holiday season. We spent nearly two weeks visiting family in the Ozarks, recharging for another big year ahead.

Looking back, we have so much to be thankful for. God met our needs at every turn. Our marriage strengthened and feels stronger than ever. Crosbi is growing to be a delightful little girl who I just absolutely love being around. This year my relationship with my sister surprised even me. We fought so hard growing up, I never thought I would see the day I called her one of my best friends. This year changed that. Todd and I both see how relationships played a vital role in 2013. We hope to continue to build and nourish those relationships as we enter 2014. We're ready for a new year. A fresh start.

Welcome, 2014. Show us what you've got. 

1 comment

  1. So sweet, I love how you did the collages. Crosbi is so precious! And so glad the stomach bug is gone!

    ReplyDelete