January 30, 2014

January Happenings

The month is coming to a close and as much as I don't want time to fly, I would be more than okay with some warmer weather. You take the girl out of the midwest, and she doesn't know how to handle freezing temperatures!

This January has been drastically different from this time last year. I just had our 2013 family album made and was surprised to see how much time we spent outside last year. We have not been out much at all this year. Cabin fever is beginning to hit hard. Thankfully we were able to get a brief break from the cold earlier this week. It was so nice that my sister and I took Crosbi to the zoo. I'm not sure who enjoyed it more.

While we might be stuck indoors, we're making the most of it. 


We've become big fans of Barnes and Noble. A warm coffee and a big children's section? Yes, please.


When we're not hitting the bookstores, Crosbi continues the story reading at home. Her collection of baby dolls is getting quite impressive.


We've been listening to our favorite songs around the house. Todd showed Crosbi the music video to TobyMac's song "Speak Life" and she became an instant fan. He was out of town on a guy's fishing trip last weekend and it was so great having my little buddy around the house. It was also fun having my sister stay with us. Slumber party!


We've gotten so used to staying home in our pj's during this cold season that we've forgotten how to dress to leave the house! Pajamas with rain boots was the outfit of choice on this day. 


My girl is becoming quite the artist. I make sure to have paper and a pen or crayons in my bag at all times. It's also how I get her to sit on the potty. She draws (and sits) and I can do a couple of chores around the house. I'd call that a win-win.


When we just can't stay in the house one more minute, we go out for lunch. She's a pretty fun date.

Fingers crossed February sees more days above freezing!

xoxo

1 comment