December 27, 2008

Risk

Today was a lot of fun with my family. I forget how fun they can be and how hard they can make me laugh. I spent the morning shopping - ran into a few people I haven't seen in forever, including one of Todd's best friends (who was also in our wedding). After hitting the mall I saw Marley & Me with a few of my favorite cousins. Great movie by the way! Bring a kleenex. We had coffee at Rendezvous - they didn't have white hot chocolate, but the vanilla chai was great. We played board games and talked about Hannah's love life. Doesn't get much better than that.

After the movie and coffee it was just me and my boys - my dad and brother Drew. We made turkey sandwiches, chocolate chip cookies and somehow they convinced me to play Risk. I'm not into war or games that involve war, but I took one for the team and had a blast. They had me laughing so hard and believe it or not, I ended up winning!

Funny thing about risk. Todd and I took a huge risk when we moved to Nashville. We left everything we knew to chase a dream God put in my heart as a little girl. I can definitely say that the risk was worth it. Our lives have changed and God has blessed us in so many ways, but tonight sitting around the table with Dad and Drew, I was reminded that the risk required us to leave the people that love us most. The great thing about living away from home is that when I'm in town, I soak up every moment with my family like a sponge. I'm so glad we took the risk, but I'm also so thankful for a family that supports my dreams and took the risk with me. I love you guys!

Post a Comment