April 2, 2010

It's A Good Friday

As you read this, I am with friends and family celebrating Easter weekend in Missouri. I actually wrote this post yesterday (Thursday) and I'm relying on technology to publish this when I tell it to. I also think it's kind of fun to write as if I'm in the future. But that's neither here nor there.

My last post was a little heavy, although I got so many great comments and e-mails that only supported my decision to quit Twitter. I'm so thankful to have such great friends who don't think I'm crazy for disconnecting.

It's funny the things you notice after quitting something like Twitter. I didn't even realize how hooked I was until I quit. It has taken some getting used to, but I don't miss it at all. I'm actually trying to figure out what's next to go. Cable? Facebook? We'll see.

Since Twitter is no longer filling my free time, I've been living "real" life.

I made Easter baskets (or pails in my case) for my friend Janessa's little ones. We've been friends since the third grade and were college roommates. She's one of those friends you just have for life. No questions asked.



Making the labels was the best part - so easy and really cute. Darby has a great tutorial here.

I've also been outside reconnecting with our neighbors. I love Spring for that very reason - everyone is outside. Todd actually missed dinner one night this week when he went out to put something in the car, and didn't come back for two hours because he was caught up in conversation. We have some social neighbors, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Little Caylem has been showing me his mad jumping skills.




PS - A new house is being built at the end of our street - our neighborhood doesn't practice using huge dumpsters and electric boxes as playground equipment.

Now that everyone is over colds and flus, our small group is busier than ever. Last night we had an amazing time of fellowship (and really good food - Nichole, pictured below, is a personal chef. Need I say more?). Matt, the "elder" of our group as we like to say, wrote a post about our little, or big group on his blog. Such a great description of what God is doing with our little clan. Check it out if you have a minute.

I brought my camera hoping to get a fun group shot, but with all of us trying to get dinner ready and keep the kiddos occupied, I just took a shot that offers a glimpse into our crazy lives. As the only couple without kids, you would think Todd and I would be staying far away. But we love it. We love the chaos and the kids playing under our feet. We know we have some amazing mentors who will teach us how to be parents.




If everything goes as planned, this post will go live on Good Friday, the day we remember the crucifixion of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Today we praise Him for taking our sin and setting us free. If you're a believer, you know this weekend sums up everything we believe in. I'm praying that you will spend time really thinking about that truth, and sharing it with those who may not know. As horrific as this day was for our King, what He did for us changed the course of history - and saved us all. It is indeed a Good Friday.

Have a wonderful Easter!

1 comment

  1. You're amazing.

    I LOVE the Easter pails you made - they were beautiful. And the picture of little Caylem is possibly my new favorite of all time.

    Your small group is so wonderful - I love the way you all help each other out, loving on each other's kids and sharing real life together.

    So I definitely need to join a group that includes a personal chef. [This is actually just a little reminder note for me.]

    ReplyDelete