October 23, 2010

Christmas Came Early

One great thing about my job is getting corporate thank you gifts during the holidays. Because I placed such a large order with Harry & David last year, they thanked me this year by sending me a "Tower of Treats." I don't know how Todd and I are going to eat all of the goodies they sent, but I've never been known to turn down chocolate. Seriously. I don't think I have ever turned it down. 


The large box on the bottom is full of pears. I've never been a fan of pears, but I'm going to try to disguise their flavor by making a pear crisp or something similar. I can't let them go to waste, right? My luck they'll be moldy before I ever get to the baking part. That's okay. Did I mention there's chocolate?

Although not pear related,  I did try a new recipe this week. Prosciutto and Gruyere Strombolis are super simple to make and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. Tip: buy prosciutto and gruyere from the deli at the grocery store. The recipe only calls for two ounces of each, so it's much cheaper than buying the prepackaged kind. Recipe here.



This week has been really busy, but the best kind of busy. We had friends over for dinner and I had a great girls night that included dinner at Urban Flats (yum) and a movie. This morning Todd and I had an incredible brunch at Marche in East Nashville. Oh. My. Word. We loved it. We thought brunch would be a nice way to celebrate his new job. Thankfully his self-employment season didn't last too long! The problem now is that he's my direct competition. Our discussions about work could get interesting.






















How did you spend your weekend?

4 comments

  1. i want to try Marche even more after seeing these pictures! Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good, Suz. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry & David pears are divine. You can eat them with a spoon. So, so good. I love that you got a Tower of Treats with Christmas ornaments on it in October. It's the holiday season...

    Ooo, I've been wanting to go to Marche. Now I really can't wait - it sounds and looks incredible!

    (And I might have licked the Prosciutto and Gruyere Stromboli on the right side of my screen. I cannot confirm nor deny.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the outstanding work! Alexandr Shcolyar

    ReplyDelete