August 29, 2011

Hello, Third Trimester!

Last Wednesday I officially crossed over into the third trimester. That used to seem so far away. I remember a few months ago thinking about my to-do list and items that I could hold off on until late August or September. I feel like I blinked and here it is!

While mentally I don't feel like it's possible to be in the final stretch, physically I'm there. I'm already feeling so uncomfortable. Not sleeping through the night is one thing, and I almost feel like I'm fairly used to it. It's the exhaustion and soreness that are taking a toll on me now. After a long day at work or a packed day of getting things done around the house, I'm spent. It's hard for me because I've always been really active. Needing to rest after cleaning the kitchen makes me feel like such a wimp. Thankfully I have a husband who is sweet enough to remind me that a human being is growing inside of me. I just have to remember that my energy now needs to be split between the two of us!

We have finally started a few small projects in our nursery. I can't wait to get the furniture in there! I've been making a few updates on our registries and saw that our crib has been purchased. I also noticed that two of my "Must Have" items from this post have been purchased: the Itzbeen Timer and the Miracle Blanket. I can't wait to open those gifts and give whoever bought them a huge hug. I have the best friends and family! I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy my baby showers! Once the registry is complete, I'll stop peeking. I want a few surprises! 

Here's a sneak peek at the small things we've completed in the nursery:

I turned a Goodwill find into a little girl's desk lamp:

Before:


After:



My curtains are finished! A special thanks to my good friend Allison for sewing them for me. I had every intention of sewing them myself, but let's just say that me and a sewing machine don't make the best of friends. Allison is amazingly talented. Not only did she finish my curtains, she made the most adorable little onesie for Crosbi. It's at the top of my list for her "going home" outfit. I absolutely love it!






If you follow me on Pinterest, you know there is a mobile from Etsy that I just love. I decided to try to make one myself, and got started this weekend. I should have it finished very soon.

Etsy mobile:



A peek at my version:



Other than feeling huge (do I really have 2.5 months to go?!) and a tad bit uncomfortable, I'm doing really well. Little girl is rolling around like a gymnast in my belly. Friends tell me that a lot of babies have personalities that are similar to their actions in the womb. If that's the case, Todd and I have a very active little girl on our hands! 



Twelve weeks and counting. I've got this! 


6 comments

  1. LOVE how all the nursery pieces are turning out!!! It all looks amazing!

    And great job to Allison on the curtains and onesie. Both are perfect. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Tara! I know you feel huge... but let me tell you, compared to me when I was 28 weeks pregnant, you are a supermodel! Unfortunately for me, my babies have no where to go but out!
    Can't wait to see this sweet girl's nursery!!!
    Be looking for something in your mailbox these next couple of weeks! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily - you are too sweet! Thanks for the sweet words! I'll be checking my mailbox. You're the best! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE everything about this! Curtains are beautiful and the juicy pink color to the lamp is perfect! And I assure you, you are NOT huge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great Tara!!! You are so creative. The lamp is so cute and same with the mobile! And awesome job to Al on the curtains - I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look incredible!

    I'm not sure if you have time or if your budget allows, but if you can... get a prenatal massage! I have been feeling so sore and uncomfortable lately but I feel so good after a massage.

    Also, I absolutely LOVE the mobile and can't wait to see the finished project. And the onesie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete