June 17, 2013

Spinach Berry Smoothie

Last Monday we sat in the hospital while Crosbi got her first cast put on. Would you believe me if I said we spent Friday in the hospital too? For me, not my girl. Thankfully. When it rains it pours and we're ready for sunny skies. With all of the challenges we've faced this month, it has been such a season of spiritual growth. As we've faced our struggles, I've heard a soft whisper reminding me that Crosbi is watching. She is seeing first hand what it means to surrender and let God take control. Never would I ask for hard times, but struggles can be beautiful teaching moments if we let them.

Since I don't have more hospital photos to share (I didn't look nearly as cute as Crosbi did), I thought I would share a few from a couple weeks ago. Crosbi got to attend her first VBS. We woke up early, made a healthy breakfast and enjoyed our morning together before going to church. I made my own version of a spinach-berry smoothie. I didn't have a recipe for the things I had on hand, so I just made it up as I went along.




I added the following ingredients: spinach, frozen berries, milk, plain greek yogurt, honey.

If I had to do it over again, I would have used vanilla yogurt or vanilla almond milk to make it just a bit sweeter. You could also add some flax or chia seeds too.






Blend and enjoy!

Post a Comment