March 16, 2014

This Weekend

Todd's parents were in town this weekend and we really lucked out on having beautiful weather. We made the most of the short time they were here and packed in lots of fun (and way too much food). Todd's parents are true foodies and we explore the city meal by meal when they visit.


While Todd's family spent the day with Crosbi on Friday, I enjoyed some much needed time to myself. I kicked off the day with an exciting trip to the dentist (major sarcasm), but I was thrilled to find out I was cavity free. I hadn't been for a visit since before I found out I was pregnant. Yikes. So when the dentist told me my teeth looked great, I almost got out of my seat to hug him. I spent the rest of my day shopping in downtown Franklin, followed by coffee with a good friend. I love being a mom, but it's so nice to have some time to myself to recharge.

For dinner we had reason to celebrate. Todd's mom is 5 years cancer free. Such a blessing and answer to prayer. We decided to try a new Nashville hot spot (literally) at Hattie B's Hot Chicken. Oh my word. So good. On Saturday we fit in a trip to the farmer's market, one of my very favorite spots, and finally tried Mas Tacos. We'll definitely be back. 







We spent dinner that evening around our table enjoying fresh seafood we purchased at the farmer's market and enjoyed a night at home before Todd's family left this morning. Thankful that we'll see everyone again in just a few short weeks. 

Until then, you will find me at the gym. After this weekend, I'm not sure any of my jeans fit. 

Happy weekend.
xoxo 

Post a Comment