June 21, 2010

Crisp and Chewy

In five minutes I consumed all of the calories I burned at the gym today, but it was totally worth it. I'll run another few miles for these cookies!



I've been on a baking kick lately. I've noticed that as I read through magazines, I've been ripping out all of the recipes for pies, cobblers and cookies. It's a good thing Todd and I have a membership to a 24-hour gym!

The recipe I used tonight was from Everyday Food

Crisp & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups packed dark-brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1.   Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
2.   Preheat oven to 350. Beat butter and sugars with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and  fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat eggs in 1 at a time. Add vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture; beat until combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
3.  Drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden around edges but soft in the middle, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack, and let cool completely.

Post a Comment