January 15, 2009

Home Office Inspiration

I'm finding myself more and more interested in interior design. Maybe it's because I own a home or maybe it's that it is such a great creative outlet. I often think about taking design classes - just to have a backup in case the music industry crumbles, but I love my job, so until I'm forced to find another career, I'll just enjoy day dreaming of how my house could look "someday."

I actually don't mind the fact that I can't afford to decorate my house the way I would like. It's still fun to read home design magazines and day dream about what my house could be like. If I actually had the money, I could change everything, but when the new edition of Home arrived, I wouldn't be able to start all over again when I see a new great idea. So for now I'll keep myself content just "playing pretend."
-
Speaking of decor ideas, I saw a great home office setup in the newest Pottery Barn catalog. Todd and I have debated whether or not to turn one of our bedrooms into an office or to save it for a nursery. After flipping through PB, I think we should save it for a nursery. We have a great space downstairs that can work for an office one day. I like to think it would look something like this:

Photo courtesy of Pottery Barn.

1 comment

  1. Oh my goodness, that would look amazing in your place! Right over by the stairs, the way they have it set up? Love that idea.

    By the way, I absolutely love how you decorate your house. Someday you'll be able to buy exactly what you want, regardless of the price, but in the meantime - you are doing a splendid job.

    ReplyDelete