May 21, 2009

The In-Laws are Coming!

Todd's parents and grandmother are spending Memorial Weekend at our house and I am going to show off my mad culinary skills. Okay, I'm going to attempt to show off my somewhat decent culinary skills. Regardless, I'm getting busy in the kitchen!

I got my inspiration from Claire Robinson, a new host on the Food Network that I love. I kinda want to be best friends with her. Seriously, she's young, fun, kinda quirky and the girl can cook. I was so inspired to try one of her dishes that I went out and bought my first meat thermometer and cheese grater today. I feel so grown up.

For the main course I'm going to make Rosemary Pork Tenderloin.


Click on any of the photos below for the recipe.

pork


For the sides I'm going to make two dishes. First, White Cheddar Penne, another Claire Robinson creation. It's the classy version of mac & cheese.

penne


I have to throw a veggie dish in there, so I'm going for one of Todd's mom's recipes: roasted brussel sprouts with olive oil. These are so yummy. I'm so happy that I got my good friend Christi hooked on them!

House Number - 0065797F1


And for dessert, I'm trying a new recipe from the blog The Smitten Kitchen: Raspberry Buttermilk Cake. I'm going to make mine with blackberries, but it looks so scrumptious I could lick the screen.

bberry


Before you start thinking "She's going to make all of that?" Remember that we live 8 hours from our family and I never get to cook for them. In the 3 1/2 years we have lived in Nashville, I don't think I have ever made anything for family except muffins. Plus, when we're in town they do all of the cooking and will probably make the rest of our meals when they visit this weekend. You can see why I want to go all out.

I'm excited to be chef for a day. Here's to hoping everything is as good as it looks in the pictures!

Enjoy a relaxing Memorial Day weekend!

3 comments

  1. I'm wondering if you'll have enough people there that I could sneak in unnoticed and eat some of the deliciousness you're about to create...?

    Looks incredible. I love the way you love to feed your family. It's a beautiful thing. Can't wait to hear how it all goes - I'm sure it's going to be incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious! Enjoy your company! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are awesome. if you have ever the itch to cook but no audience, sign me up! :) -ash

    ReplyDelete