May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend: Food and Family

It feels a little strange in our house tonight. Our family left this morning, and it's definitely quiet around here. We had such a good time, but boy did we eat. That is one thing us Stepps do well!

Friday I slaved in the kitchen. No, that's a lie. I did cook a big meal, but it was all super easy and I think it went over well.

The pork tenderloin was tender and the white cheddar penne is a new favorite for me. Yum!

tenderloin

The blackberry buttermilk cake was good too. It was even better for breakfast the next day.

cake

On Saturday, Todd and his dad hung the ferns that I have been wanting for so long. I love them!

house

house2

Before heading to Loveless Cafe for dinner, we hit the mall where Todd's parents bought us the best anniversary gift ever. I still can't believe they bought it. I guess my new passion for cooking has been noticeable, because they bought us a new Kitchenaid mixer. I can't stop staring at it!

mixer

The next day we hit the farmer's market in Nashville to get fresh veggies for the kabobs we were going to grill.

farmers

farmers2

We made quite the dinner! The kabobs were amazing.

bbq

We had such a great weekend and feel unbelievably blessed. Tim and Tracy are so giving and selfless. Todd's mom and grandma cooked and cleaned all weekend, while Todd's dad finished projects around the house. How did we get so lucky? I couldn't ask for better in-laws or a better weekend.

5 comments

  1. we feel the same way about my mom! she came down this wknd and helped us finish moving . she painted and painted and did more painting at the old apt. she cleaned out the stove and didn't even complain. and she got up and did it the next day. family is such a blessing! - ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner and dessert look fantastic! I'm so impressed with you!

    And I absolutely LOVE your new ferns. So lovely on your porch with the rocking chairs.

    Oh and by the way, if you would ever like to practice on me with your beautiful new KitchenAid mixer, I would not complain.

    Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is adorable!!! Love the front porch with the rocking chairs - I don't think I would ever leave - would just want to curl up and read there all day long! And jealous of the mixer!! What an awesome gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house looks amazing Tara!! The food also looks like it was delicious! Glad you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One kabob for me please... those look yummy!

    ReplyDelete