March 28, 2010

They Came. We Ate.

If there's one thing we do well when we have company visiting, it's eat. Todd's mother and grandmother spent the weekend with us and we had our fill of amazing food. I might have a slight obsession. As I write this, I have Giada on in the background. Although, what she's making might be a bit healthier than the fare we indulged in this weekend.

On Friday evening, Todd and I came home from work to a house that smelled like a country diner. I'm not going to lie, I could get used to walking in to a home cooked meal. The menu included chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes, homemade Alabama biscuits and a wonderful garden salad..



The next morning, we awoke to another meal - my favorite egg & veggie scramble with toast from bread Todd's grandmother made the night before.



-
-
On Saturday night we tried a new restaurant that I had read about and had heard several people mention. The Silly Goose, a new cafe in East Nashville has officially made it on my list of go-to restaurants. I'm just sad we don't live closer. Locally grown, mostly organic ingredients and an eclectic menu set this little gem apart from other sandwich shops. I'm so glad we ventured over to the East side. It was absolutely worth it.










We wrapped up our time with family over breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I'm telling you, we know how to eat. Thankfully our refrigerator is stocked with leftovers, so we're going to be set for the next few days (until we head to Missouri this weekend to well, eat some more).

I'm going to regret this weekend tomorrow morning. I signed up for a Biggest Loser competition and I have a feeling I'll be the biggest gainer this week. I'll just ask the ladies at work not to judge. I'd like to see them say no to Todd's grandma!

Happy Weekend!

2 comments

  1. You are adorable. I loved this post as soon as I saw the title.

    Your pictures are gorgeous - and made me SO HUNGRY. I'm glad you (and your tummy) had such a great time with Todd's Mom & Grandma.

    P.S. I love that you had Giada playing in the background while you wrote this. So you could hear her say "spaghetti."

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure which looks better, the home cooked meal or the silly goose.

    ReplyDelete