February 8, 2009

Babies...

It was another beautiful day in Nashville. My friend Emily came over with her baby girl Lyla and we walked the trail in our neighborhood. It was so nice to be out walking in the sunshine. We're so thankful for Emily and her husband Nate. Todd met Nate when he was working at the Buckle. God has brought the greatest friends to our lives.

The picture above is of Emily and baby Lyla. How cute is that little girl?!

Today was also bitter sweet in that fact that I just learned that another little girl, Cora, passed away today just shy of her first birthday. This blog world is a crazy thing. I don't know Cora and I don't know her family, but through a couple of blogs I follow, I came across the blog "The Macs." Less than a month ago they took their little girl Cora in for an ear infection. During her checkup they found out she had cancer... and today she passed away. Although I don't know her personally, I was so touched by her story. Todd and I started reading it together and were praying for her recovery. I can't imagine how her parents are feeling. I know it's not biblical to live in fear, but stories like this make me wonder if I can handle being a parent. I don't know that I would ever be strong enough to handle anything like what this precious family is facing. If you want to read more or pray for this family, visit their blog here.

Post a Comment