February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Weekend

I'm going to try to catch up on sleep tonight - we had too much fun this weekend. :)

Todd's family and a couple of friends our good friends Clark & Jennifer visited this past weekend. His parents came out last year for the Super Bowl and it was such a hit that it has become an annual tradition.

Saturday morning we all slept in late and once everyone got up and around I made my famous sausage and cheese biscuits. I say "famous" because they are the only thing I make that I actually get requests for! I'm okay with that.


After breakfast we went shopping in downtown Franklin. The weather was perfect. We window shopped and grabbed coffees at Starbucks and then headed to downtown Nashville to eat a late lunch at the Big River Grille. As if our day wasn't packed enough, after lunch we went to the Opry Mills mall (to shop and eat some more!) and to play arcade games at Dave & Busters.

Todd and Tyler (and Tim!) playing Skee Ball

Sunday night was a blast. Josh and Christi joined us for the game and some amazing game day food. Todd's mom made a new recipe - bacon wrapped chicken bites coated in brown sugar and a dash of chili pepper. Wow. The menu also included mini burgers, brats, chicken kabobs, stuffed mushrooms. The list goes on! I just sat back and watched...and ate...a lot! My contribution was dessert. I ordered a football shaped cookie cutter just in time for the big game, so I made football brownies. I ate a lot of those too!


We were all bummed that Arizona lost, but we really had a great time. Can't wait for the 3rd annual Stepp Super Bowl party of 2010!

1 comment

  1. It was a rousing success! The Stepps throw a wicked Super Bowl party.

    (Didn't hurt that I could have sworn I'd died and gone to heaven with all the delicious food we devoured. And those brownies...)

    Thanks again for including us.

    ReplyDelete